Viennese Biscuits, Also called as "Whirls" are made of butter, sugar & cornflour to give wonderful melt in mouth texture. Dip them in chocolate & enjoy. They also make perfect gifts to people you love. Grab a piping bag & start making these light buttery Treasures
· 1 ½ cup unsalted butter
· ½ cup powdered sugar
· 2 cups flour
· ½ cup corn flour
· ½ tsp baking powder
· 1 cup chocolate (dark)
- Melt the butter till it softens (about 30 secs) in microwave or keep butter out of fridge for ½ hour
- In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, corn flour, baking powder & butter with the help of wooden spatula taking cake no to incorporate more air in the paste.
- Choose a star nozzle for piping bag. Fill the piping bag with paste
- Pipe out the paste on non stick baking mat / greased baking paper / silpat which is placed on the baking tray, in which they will be baked.
- Traditionally, the biscuits are piped in “S” or “W” Shape, but you could also pipe Rosettes.
- Pipe the biscuits away from each other atleast 5 cm, as they will expand while baking.
- Bake the biscuits at 150C for 10 – 15 minutes, till they are light brown in colour
- Now cool the biscuits on wire rack. Taste a biscuit & enjoy warm biscuit melt in your mouth. If you feel you have reached heaven, wait till this biscuit gets coated in chocolate
- While the biscuits are cooling, melt the chopped dark chocolate in microwave in 15 sec interval. It took 45 secs in my microwave. Mix after every 15 sec. overheating the chocolate will burn it.
- Dip one half of the biscuit or the entire biscuit( if your waistline permits) in melted chocolate.Shake off excess.
- Place the chocolate coated biscuit on nonstick baking mat & let them set.
I made few sticks for neil to enjoy & drizzled them with chocolate