Red bell pepper is sweeter in taste as compared to green one which is little on spicier side. I have used all three kinds of bell peppers to make the dish look colorful as well as I like the taste of red bell pepper.
Its simple quick dish which looks attractive and tastes great. Its more like an Indianized version of Thai red curry..
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a frying pan, once hot, add cumin seeds and
- Once cumin seeds start spluttering, add large chopped onion.
Basically. Chop each half into 6 pieces and separate the slices.
- Let the onions turn transparent and the add chopped garlic
and chopped capsicum. Saute for 5 mins.
- Now add chilli powder, jaggery, salt and coriander powder.
Coat the veggies with this spice mixture.
- Add coconut milk and bring to boil Then lower the heat and
let it simmer for 5 mins until capsicum is soft.
- Add paneer cubes and cook covered for 2-3 min.
- Serve with rice