Devil's food cupcakes with chocolate ganache


         If you love chocolate, you are going to love this chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache frosting topped with chocolate curls.
          Ya, its completely chocolaty dessert but not overly sweet. The cupcake is super moist with intense chocolate flavor, which is not too much nor too less, just perfect. Just be careful not to over bake the cupcakes. The cakes are moist and rich because of cream.
        I usually don’t frost my cupcakes to add on calories and I m not fond of buttercream frosting. So if I have to frost my cakes and cupcakes, it has to be whipped cream frosting which is mildly sweet. But this time I used chocolate ganache for the frosting and I have to tell you. it was the ((((BEST)))) chocolate frosting that I have ever made and eaten. It was simple to make without any hassles for overheating the chocolate and making grainy mess outta chocolate. It hurts my soul to waste even a tiny piece of chocolate. If you are afraid of melting chocolate in a right way, try this method, it involves heating cream and then pouring over the chocolate pieces. The ganache is rich chocolate which can be used to coat cupcakes and cakes. If you chill the cupcakes in the fridge, the ganche hardens and forms a nice coating over the cakes. I would suggest warming the cakes for few secs in microwave before serving them.
           I have tried variety of toppings here, the special one being popcorn cupcakes. They look so cute and are easy to make… they are perfect to carry to your friends place for a stay over. You can enjoy these popcorn cupcakes watching movies while chatting and having fun all through the night..
Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup scant all purpose flour
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • ¼ cup cream
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
  • Put butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and cocoa in a large bowl and using electric hand mixer or balloon whisk, beat together until just smooth for about 1-2 min.
  • Fold in cream using rubber spatula till no white streaks are left.
  • Place 6 paper cups in muffin tray and spoon the batter in paper cups.
  • Bake the cupcakes in preheated oven for 20 min. Check with skewer, once skewer comes out clean, transfer the cupcakes to wire rack to cool.
  • I made some chocolate ganache to frost my cupcakes. I heated ½ cup of cream in a nonstick pan (I used tadka pan) and heated the cream till bubbles started forming near the edges. Then I poured this cream over ½ cup chopped bittersweet chocolate and mixed together to form a smooth mixture. Then I dipped the cooled cupcakes in this creamy chocolate ganache.
For decoration I used some silver balls, cut mini marshmallows to resemble popcorns and brushed some yellow color for butter. I decorated some cupcakes with chocolate curls made by shaving chocolate with knife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cashew Coffee Cake

Masala paneer wheels

Mango Masti