Neil wants to eat what we eat, so nowadays we all sit together for all meals. Yesterday I served him his favorite pasta in creamy sauce. He will pick each pasta with his fork, drop it on his bib, pick with his fingers and enjoy it.
This pasta recipe is creamy with subtle flavoring of Italian herbs. I have used durum wheat semolina pasta which has high protein. i would love to use whole wheat when neil gets all his 20 teeth and he can chew his food properly.Ingredients
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp crumbled paneer
- ½ cup pasta (durum wheat semolina pasta)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cheese slice
- 1 tsp mixed italian herbs
- 1tsp pepper
- salt ( to taste)
- Boil ½ cup pasta with 2 cups water till the pasta is soft but still retains its shape. Once cooked, drain pasta in colander. I used fusili pasta, as sauce tends to sit in grooves and easier to feed.You can use any type of pasta or even mix of all types.
- In a non stick pan, add ½ tbsp olive oil and add crumbled paneer and sauté for a minute
- Add milk, cheese slice, mixed herbs, pepper and salt, cook for 2 mins till cheese melts and its nice sauce.
- Add pasta and further cook till the sauce is infused in the pasta. That’s for another 2-3 mins
- Serve with kiddie (non sharp) fork in attractive bowl.
- Enjoy trying to feed the kids showing them animals, birds, songs.. One song which works nowadays with Neil is “ jalebi bai”