French Fries Tadka ( Potato vegetable)



French Fries Tadka ( potato vegetable)



Sounds weird!!!
But that’s what I made. When I have no vegetables in home, my dearest potato never fails to help me to make quick and tasty meal. We are a family of potato lovers. So बटाटा भाजी in any avatar is always a big welcome.

Trust me & try it

Ingredients:
  • 2 large potatoes
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 tbsp mix spices( mustard, sesame, ajwain, kalonji, jeera, badisaunf)
  • Pinch of asafetida
  • ½ tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 ½ tsp chilli pwd
  • Salt ( to taste)

Method:

  • Heat oil in non stick frying pan
  • Once oil is hot, add in asafetida and mix spices.
Let me tell you a secret, Neil often plays with my kitchen boxes, last night he shook my फोडणीचा डब्बा (spice box) and some of my spices got mixed. I used that spice mix in this recipe. But I found that little amounts of various spices made interesting mix which went along with this meal.

  • Add potatoes which have been cut long & thin , as you would cut for French fries.
  • Cook with the lid , under the steam till potatoes keep almost cooked
  • Add salt,turmeric & chilli pwd

Serve with rotis & dal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cashew Coffee Cake

Masala paneer wheels

Mango Masti