French Fries Tadka ( potato vegetable)
But that’s what I made. When I have no vegetables in home, my dearest potato never fails to help me to make quick and tasty meal. We are a family of potato lovers. So बटाटा भाजी in any avatar is always a big welcome.
Trust me & try it
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp mix spices( mustard, sesame, ajwain, kalonji, jeera, badisaunf)
- Pinch of asafetida
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tsp chilli pwd
- Salt ( to taste)
- Heat oil in non stick frying pan
- Once oil is hot, add in asafetida and mix spices.
Let me tell you a secret, Neil often plays with my kitchen boxes, last night he shook my फोडणीचा डब्बा (spice box) and some of my spices got mixed. I used that spice mix in this recipe. But I found that little amounts of various spices made interesting mix which went along with this meal.
- Add potatoes which have been cut long & thin , as you would cut for French fries.
- Cook with the lid , under the steam till potatoes keep almost cooked
- Add salt,turmeric & chilli pwd
Serve with rotis & dal