Chinese white cabbage is a Chinese leaf vegetable often used in Chinese cuisine, it is particularly popular in northern China around Beijing (Peking). This recipe is quick, simple yet delicious n healthy way to enjoy chinese cabbage. Serve it with hot steamed rice or noodles.
- 500g Chinese white cabbage
- 1 thinly sliced green pepper
- 200 gm mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- ground black pepper
- Wash the napa cabbage and separate the leaves and wash all the leaves. Chop 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok/ large frying pan and heat up the oil till its sizzling hot on high flame.
- Then add the Chinese white cabbage into the wok, stir fry it for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the green pepper strips and the mushrooms into wok along with the dark soy sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper